This workshop has been developed to help you get the very best out of your Ashtanga practice and will contain;
- Understanding Patanjali’s 8 limbs of Yoga.
- Understanding 3 elements in action
- The importance, understanding and action of Mula Bandha (the root lock), ujjai breath (pranayama) and Drsihti (Point of concentration)
- I will gently guide you through the start of Primary series Surya Namaskara A & B
- The importance and power of this sequences and how they create vital energy in the body.
- The 9 Asanas that make up Surya Namaskara A
- The 17 Asanas that make up Surya Namaskara B
- Variations, alignment, weight distribution, common mistakes, do’s and don’ts.
You will leave the workshop with a supporting workbook. There is a benefit of Asana section which will enable you to have a more holistic understanding of Surya Namaskara A & B, the use of ujjai breath, mullah banda and drsihti.